23 Ekim 2011 Pazar

HOMEWORK

   I feel I am going through an adaption process from being a high school student to a university student in middle east technical university. I feel this process both academically and socially. Because, in the beginning, I couldn’t speak English fluently and appropriately in terms of pronunciation rules, I didn’t understand English Literature well and my German wasn’t perfect. But now, I am getting to speak English more fluently and I begin to understand Shakespeare’s sonnets. In my opinion English Literature is very different from Turkish Literature and understanding English Literature is very valuable for me. I start to improve German. I think German is very entertaining so I enjoy it. I believe that in future, since I know English and German, there will be a lot of job opportunities for me. Beforehand, I didn’t have blogger and Gmail account and I didn’t know how to use them efficiently; however, nowadays I am learning to use them and I can communicate my teacher and my friends on internet. Also, I have Advanced Reading and Writing lesson. Thanks to this lesson, I am getting to understand texts better.
    I have a lot of friends from other cities of Turkey and all of them have different personalities. Also I can see different cultures at every corner of METU, there are a lot of foreign people who are from China, Kyrgyzstan and Kenya….
   In this adaption process, my family and my home mates support me greatly; nonetheless, I can’t pass this process in a large measure. Since I came to Ankara in 6 September for registration procedures, I haven’t gone to my country, Iğdır, for this reason I have difficultiesin getting used to Ankara. My country isn’t as crowded as Ankara and It is very peaceful for me, so I don’t like Ankara. As my educatıon language is English, I have difficulties in understanding my teachers, yet I believe I will able to overcome these obstacles. According to me if onestudies hard, nothingstop her or him. I will do my best, too.                                   
   If one wants to improve herself, METU is best place for this. There are a lot of opportunities such as violin, nay, guitar courses and METU library is very broad and it has a lot of sources such as books, novels, magazines. There are a lot of computers for researching, too. In addition, there are a lot of sport clubs and student communities and you can choose these groups according to our interests, hobbies. For example, Orienteering and navigation community is appropriate students who like adventure and adrenaline. For these reasons, METU have fulfilled my expectations.
   Being a student at METU means having a lot of opportunities such as effective teachers and sport activities. You have these opportunities not only when you are a student at METU, but also after your graduation.

1 yorum:

  1. I think that you should give more attention with your task, because it seems a bit confusing in terms of your method which you use to write. Furthermore, you have some troble with thinking in English as much as me:)I hope we will improve us. On the other hand, you have found some interesting points about our difficulties in this adaptation process such as Ankara's being a crowded city. Of course, this makes us more deppressed.Some of us didn't used to live in a big city.So we made an effort to get over this problem,too. Finally, I think you can write nicer journal, because you have this capasity.

    YanıtlaSil